POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad : iPad Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  iPad
From: Darren New
Date: 15 May 2010 17:39:18
Message: <4bef1486$1@news.povray.org>
Wow. My dad is having computer problems, so I thought I'd just maybe get him
an iPad, something targeted at the person who turns it on a couple hours a
week. Set him up with 3G for $15/month, and he's good to go.

Except ... there's no backup, the disk is tiny, there's no external storage,
there's no printer connection, no scanner connector, no way to put music on
it without buying it, no way to put music you already bought onto it, ...

It really doesn't look like it's targeted at the casual user. It looks like
it's targeted at people who already have a high-end computer and now want
another one, or something.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid